Friday 14 March 2008

held back;









Artist statement

I the figure, I held time captive. In a depopulated background. In a preserved moment, a past, a memory, my comfort. I dislocated myself from a landscape, a land reconstructing itself in time. to gaze upon the change and question. What is becoming? Echoes reverberate, a juxtaposition of times, in a constructed barrier of my own. I stand nostalgic and held back.

Description:

A self portrait expressing the notion of dislocation from land. Composed in the form of two photographs in a constructed frame which holds an image printed and attached to a frame and placed in the landscape for the second photograph.

Size: 300 cm x 200 cm
Components: Photographs (a continuing series)
Printing: Digital Printing
Material: Canvas
Created: Spring 2006


1 comment:

Samyuktha P.C. said...

deep, exhaustive, and placid.